Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- 2 1/2 cups salted pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced into thinner pieces
- 6 oz strawberry Jell-O (will prepare by the speed set method on the box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and get out a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Crush the pretzels.
- In a medium sauce pan, over low heat, melt the stick of butter. Then stir in 1/4 cup sugar. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the crushed pretzels into the butter/sugar mixture and spread on bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake in oven for about 8 minutes then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- For the middle layer, using a hand mixer on a higher speed, mix the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Then mix in the 8 oz cool whip.
- Spread this mixture over the COOLED pretzels. Place in fridge.
- Clean and slice the strawberries.
- Prepare the Jell-O the speed set method on the box. When the Jell-O is mixed, stir in the strawberries.
- Gently pour the strawberry Jell-O mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Place in fridge uncovered until Jell-O is set. It will take several hours.