- 4 cups rice krispies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz light Karo
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 8 oz (heaping 8 oz) creamy peanut butter
- 11 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 11 oz package butterscotch chips
- Prepare a 9 x 13 cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Measure out 4 cups of rice krispies and place into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out 8 heaping oz of peanut butter and set aside.
- In a medium size sauce pan, stir the Karo, sugar, and vanilla together over low/medium heat. Keep watch on it and stir occasionally. When mixture just starts to simmer along the edges, turn heat off and immediately stir in the peanut butter.
- Once the peanut butter is mixed, pour over the rice krispies and coat them well.
- Pour the coated rice krispies into the lined 9 x 13 cookie sheet and spread it evenly.
- In a microwave safe dish, mix the bag of chocolate chips and bag of butterscotch chips together and heat on normal heat 30 seconds at a time. Stir thoroughly after each 30 seconds until they are melted.
- Pour over top of rice krispies and spread evenly.
- Allow them to set before cutting.