- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 T butter, room temperature
- 1/2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 15 x 10 x 1 baking sheet.
- In a bowl, sift together: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat eggs for five minutes.
- After the five minutes, gradually add sugar, pumpkin puree, and lemon juice.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to mixer.
- Mix well and then spread batter in baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes, and then turn cake onto a kitchen towel (sprinkle towel with powdered sugar).
- Roll up the cake with the towel from the short side and place in the fridge for 1-1.5 hours.
- Mix together the filling ingredients (cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla).
- Unroll the cake from the towel, gently spread the filling over the cake, and then roll the cake back up (NOT with the towel).
- Place on a long plate, cover, and store in the fridge.