- Note: You can swap rabbit for chicken legs and thighs.
- 1 cottontail rabbit (front and back legs + loins)
- 2 T salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 T buttermilk
- 1 T dijon
- 1 T italian seasoning
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 t salt
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t cayenne
- Prep brine prior to cleaning rabbit.
- Place clean pieces of rabbit in brine four a few hours.
- Prep the marinade.
- Remove rabbit from the brine, rinse, pat dry, and place in marinade for 24 hours in fridge.
- Dredge rabbit in breading and then place back into fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in fryer or skillet.
- Drop rabbit in fryer or skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides.