- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 t honey
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pkg yeast
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 T honey
- Hot water to pull dough together
- Cornmeal or Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Add flour and salt to mixer.
- Combine honey, yeast, and 1 cup of water and allow yeast to activate, then add to flour.
- Turn mixer on and continue adding water a little at a time until dough starts to come together and form a ball.
- Cover dough and let rest for 35-45 minutes.
- Punch dough down and form into discs the size of rolls/buns that you prefer.
- Cover and allow to rest an additional 25-35 minutes.
- Boil water bath and place each roll in 30 seconds per side and remove to drying rack.
- Cut an "X" through the top of the dough.
- Baste with egg whites
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with Jiffy.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes until outside turns dark brown.